September 4, 2009

Castles in the Sky

This is a poem I wrote many years ago...


“Castles in the Sky”

I want to write about castles;
Filled with gallant knights,
Besieged by barbarous hordes
In quest for an entowered maiden.
I want to write of that princess;
Sought by all the world
For her fiery hair, hot red
Dragon’s breath for all who blaspheme
Betray the secret or bespoil the prize.
I want to write about those dragons;
As they wing through the heavens,
Linger weightlessly in thick scaled skin
As they gaze on the land, still mindful
Of an ancient time before men
They wistfully remember and look to the stars.
I want to write about those points of light;
The warmth and life and love
To a thousand other poets far removed
Like dragons they float above me
Like maidens they are encircled
By castles of the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment